Saturday, June 23, 2012

Weight Watchers Taco Soup

Mom and I went to clean the kitchen cabinets at our church dining room this morning.  Since we didn't have much time to worry with cooking something for lunch, I decided we needed something fast and easy that we could just throw together.  Since we are both cutting down, I dug out a recipe mom gave me years ago for Weight Watchers Taco Soup.  Nothing tastes better when you are rushed for time.  I cooked the ground beef with an onion this morning, drained it, then threw it in the crock pot with all the other ingredients, turned the crock pot on high and left for church.  When we got home 2 1/2 hours later, it was ready to eat.  Yummy!  I thought I would share it, hope you enjoy.

Weight Watchers Taco Soup

1 lb. ground turkey or lean ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 (1oz) pkg. Taco seasoning Mix
1 (1oz) pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
1 (16 oz.) can pinto beans
1 (16 oz.) can kidney beans
1(16 oz.) can whole kernel corn
1 (8 oz.) can Mexican style tomatoes
1 (8 oz.) can diced tomatoes


Brown meat & onions and drain.  Mix Ranch & Taco seasonings into meat.  Add rest of ingredients, undrained to mixture.  Simmer for 2 hours.  2 Weight Watchers points per cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment