Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Peanut Butter Fudge Taste Test

Well I finally made the two different batches of peanut butter fudge.  I performed my own taste test and picked a favorite.  Grandma Martin's peanut butter fudge was good, but not as good as the other recipe I found of a newspaper clipping in her old recipe box from long ago.  I actually found the creamy, smooth, "melt in your mouth" fudge I've been dreaming about.  How exciting and fun this was!  Let me tell you, this fudge I chose is yummy.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did eating it.

Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge  -  (Jen's favorite pick)

1 C peanut butter
1 C butter (salted)
1 tsp vanilla
1 lb powdered sugar

Place peanut butter and butter in medium sized pot.  Make sure you cut the butter into 2 inch pieces before placing in the pot so it will melt faster.  Melt peanut butter and butter over medium heat on stove top stirring constantly.  Once it has melted and is smooth, take off stove and stir in vanilla.  Now stir in powdered sugar until smooth.  Place foil completely inside the 9x9 pan, make sure you have extra foil on both sides of the pan.  Pour fudge into the pan.  Must refrigerate for 2-3 hours.  Once it has set up, grab the foil on both sides of the pan and lift out the foil.  The fudge comes out very easy.  Pull the foil down on all sides and cut your fudge.  Eat and enjoy!

Hint: Make sure you place your foil in the 9x9 pan completely before you start making the fudge.


The above recipe was my favorite.  However, I'll go ahead and share my Grandma Martin's recipe for peanut butter fudge also.  Who knows, you might want to do your very own taste test sometime.

Grandma's Peanut Butter Fudge

2 C sugar
1/2 C milk
1 (7 oz) jar of marshmallow creme
1 1/3 C creamy peanut butter (your favorite kind)

Over medium-high heat, boil the sugar and milk on top of the stove for three minutes.  Remove from stove and immediately add the marshmallow creme and peanut butter into the boiled sugar and milk mixture.  Stir until completely smooth.  Pour into a greased 9x9 glass dish or pan.  Refrigerate for at least two hours.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment