Sunday, March 18, 2012

Another Church Pot Luck Dinner

I took this to one of our church pot luck dinners several months ago.  After we were cleaning up the kitchen, a few women came to me to ask for the recipe.  Several of their kids liked it, so they wanted to prepare it as a side dish for their family.  I'm glad they enjoyed it, it makes me feel good when people are fond of a dish that I brought.  I think it is one of those dishes, that you can eat a little bit and be satisfied for a long time, but it is good while it lasts.

I received this recipe from a girl at work last year.  I made a few changes to it though, because I wanted it to taste a little spicier than what she had made it.  Here is the recipe once I changed it up a bit.  It's  another easy crock pot recipe that I hope you enjoy.

Crock Pot Spicy Cheese Cream Corn

2 blocks (one 8 ounces and one 3 ounces) Philadelphia cream cheese (softened or cubed)
1 stick of butter
1 can Frito Lay jalapeno cheese dip
3 (16 oz) bags of frozen corn
salt to taste

In a 3-4 qt slow cooker, combine all the ingredients.  Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until it is heated through and the cheese is melted.  Stir well before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment