Sunday, March 25, 2012

Crock Pot Salsa Chicken

Are you looking for a quick, easy, good tasting meal?  One that makes your taste buds water?  Look no further, I've got a wonderful recipe for you!  I made this for dinner Saturday night.  Mom came over to eat with us and she loved it too.  This is one of those easy crock pot meals that I'm now obsessed with.  It's somewhat spicy, so if you like spicy, this is a good one for you to try.  It's really tasty too.  The only thing really to say about this one is YUM!  I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.  I found the recipe here, but I made one change to it, I used a whole cup of sour cream instead of just a half cup.  It made it much better in my opinion.  Next time I may even live more dangerously and try it with 2 cups of sour cream.  I love sour cream.

Crock Pot  Salsa Chicken
From recipes.sparkpeople.com

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup salsa
1 package taco seasoning
1 can cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
1 cup sour cream

Add chicken to slow cooker.  Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.  Mix salsa and soup together and then pour over chicken.  Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.  Remove chicken and cut in pieces or shred it with two forks.  Add sour cream to the crock pot mixture and stir until completely blended.  Now place the chicken back into the crock pot and mix.  Serve over rice or noodles.  I served it over rice and thought it was delicious that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment