Monday, March 19, 2012

HOMEMADE MACARONI AND CHEESE

I took this recipe to yesterday's church pot luck dinner.  I made a large pot since we were having a big gathering.  There was only about two or three spoonfuls left in the pot when it was all said and done.  I believe everyone enjoyed it, so I thought I'd share another easy recipe.

Jen's Homemade Macaroni and Cheese

1 lb shell macaroni
1 1/2 sticks butter
5 1/2 C milk
1 lb Kraft Velveeta cheese (cubed or sliced)
salt to taste

First, cook macaroni (any kind you want, I just like the shell) according to the package.  After that is finished, remove from stove top, but do not drain yet.  In another pot on stove top, add butter and milk.  Turn heat to medium high.  Once that gets hot, add your sliced Velveeta cheese and start stirring.  Stir constantly so it won't stick to the bottom.  Once that has all melted, remove from stove.  Now drain your macaroni and place in a large crock pot.  Pour over the melted cheese and keep in crock pot on low until ready to serve.



I love to cook food for large groups, but then when I only have to cook for my family, it is hard for me to figure out how to get the appropriate serving size fixed.  I tend to have a lot of left overs from everything I end up cooking.  Oh well, one day I'll learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment