Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Homemade Potato Soup


I've been wanting to make Potato Soup lately, but didn't want to take the time to peel the potatoes.  I decided today was the day I was going to take the time.  My mom used to make Potato Soup that was so good, so I tried to find the closest recipe that reminded me of the soup she used to make.  I found one and just used it as a basic guideline.  I made several adjustments to it, so I could adjust the flavor to be how I remember her Potato Soup tasting.  It wasn't exactly like hers, but it was pretty close, plus it tasted good too. 

Homemade Potato Soup

6 large potatoes, cubed
1 large onion, chopped
5 Tbsp butter or margarine
4 chicken bouillon cubes
6 1/2 C water
2 C milk
1/2 C flour, mixed with water
salt and pepper to taste

Put potatoes, onion, butter, bouillon and water in the crock pot and cook on high for 8-9 hours or until potatoes are tender.  Then thirty minutes to an hour before serving, add flour mixture and milk and stir in to thicken the soup.  Once the soup has thickened, you are ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment