Sunday, April 1, 2012

Easy Cheesy Potato Soup

Yesterday, I made this new recipe I found on the internet.  I love any kind of recipe with the word "cheesy" in it, I mean come on, you know IT has to be good when that word is involved.  This one is truly worth your time and it doesn't even take very long to make.  It's also super easy and if you like potato soup, definitely put this on your "something new to try" cooking list.  I invited mom over to help eat it and this was a hit with her too.  She liked it so much that she wanted me to give her the recipe so she could also make it at a later time.  I hope you enjoy this as much as we did.  I love trying new found recipes.

EASY CHEESY POTATO SOUP
from www.secretsofasouthernkitchen.com

1 medium onion, diced
4 Tbsp butter
5 cups of water
6 bouillon cubes
1 28 or 30 oz package of frozen hash browns (the uncooked kind)
1 pound Velveeta
milk (if needed--I didn't need any)

On the stove top, melt the butter in a medium to large sized pot, then add onion and cook until translucent and tender.  Next, add the water and bouillon cubes.  Add the frozen hash browns and bring the whole mixture to a boil. Cover and turn down to simmer, stirring occasionally. After about 20 minutes, check to see if the potatoes are tender. Turn the burner up just a little, (still on low to medium) and add 1 pound of Velveeta, stirring frequently, until the cheese is melted.  You can add pepper if you want.  Enjoy!

This was a really good and tasty soup.  We are having leftovers for dinner tonight!  Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment