Monday, April 2, 2012

Jen's Crab Rangoons

If you notice by the way I like to post recipes, I am a simpleton!  I love FAST, EASY, GOOD tasting food and when I find a recipe that contains all of those words, I want to share.  That brings me to my next recipe.......crab rangoons.  I really like Chinese food.  When I eat cashew chicken with fried rice, I like to have at least two crab rangoons with my meal.  There is nothing like that yummy cream cheese inside that fried wonton wrap.  WOW, that is some good stuff.  I'm making myself hungry just talking about them.  I've been craving these lately, so I thought I would share the way I've made crab rangoons for years in case anybody else out there likes them as much as I do.  YUMMY!  I'm not someone that likes the sweet tasting crab rangoons, so I do not add sugar to mine.  However, if you are a person that likes the sweet tasting ones, then I would suggest omitting the garlic powder in my recipe and replacing it with sugar.    

Jen's Crab Rangoons

1 package of wonton wrappers
2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened at room temperature
1 (16 oz) package of imitation crab meat
2 Tbsp garlic powder
oil, for deep frying

Dice the crab meat.  Mix cream cheese, crab and garlic powder well.  Place one and a half teaspoonful of cream cheese mixture onto the center of each wonton wrap.  Fold two opposite ends of the wonton wrap together by pushing them into the cream cheese mixture, then moisten the edges of the two remaining ends with water and fold together to seal.  Make sure it is sealed completely, because you don't want any cream cheese mixture leaking out when you deep fry it.  You don't want floaters in your oil.  Heat up a pot of oil for deep-frying and fry the crab rangoons until golden brown.  When done remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.  Repeat until all have been fried.  Let the crab rangoons cool down just a little bit before devouring them.  I like to eat them fast to engulf the freshness.  ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment