Saturday, April 21, 2012

Cheesy Mexican Chicken Casserole

I told you I've really been enjoying making new dishes for my family to try out.  I kind of use them as my guinea pigs, so to speak.  Last weekend, I made a new chicken dish for mom and I to see if we liked it.  I'll have to say, this one was a little spicy, but at the same time we both thought it was a keeper.  You need to give it a try when you are craving something more on the spicy side.  I found the recipe here.  To me the recipe name should be "Cheesy Mexican Chicken Spaghetti", but it's called "Cheesy Mexican Chicken Casserole" instead.  I think it tastes like a cheesy, spicy spaghetti with chicken, but no matter the name, it's good.  I hope you enjoy.

CHEESY MEXICAN CHICKEN CASSEROLE #1
from  www.justgetoffyourbuttandbake.com


4 Chicken Breasts, Boneless & Skinless
You can also use Rotisserie Chicken
1 can (10 3/4 ounce) Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can (10 ounce) Rotel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
1 clove Garlic, Minced
or you can use 1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
1/2 Onion, Chopped (opt)
I use 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder instead
1 tablespoon Margarine or butter
1 – 8 ounce Velveeta Cheese, Cut Into Small Cubes
8 ounces Spaghetti, Cooked And Drained

Cut up chicken into bite size pieces.  In a large skillet melt butter or margarine.  Add cubed chicken, garlic & onion.  Cook over medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink and no liquid is left in skillet.  Stir in soup, cheese and Rotel Tomatoes.  Reduce heat to low, and cook until the cheese melts, stirring constantly.  Place the cooked spaghetti in a greased 2 quart casserole dish.  Pour the cheese/chicken mixture over the top of the spaghetti.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment