Friday, April 13, 2012

Colton's First Trip to Silver Dollar City

Today we spent the day with our good friends at Silver Dollar City.  This was the first year Colton has ever went and let me tell you, he had a blast.

When we were first walking around trying to find the Half the Dollar Holler, we had to stop to see the moving statues, how awesome are they?  At first, I thought they were just statues until I saw them change their stance, it was amazing how real they looked like statues.  Just unbelievable!

We then continued on to find the play area for the kids.  Katie and Colton finally found where they could ride the ladybugs, butterflies, frogs, swings and the roller coaster.  Colton had a great time riding with Katie, they enjoyed themselves today.  He loved the roller coaster too, he had me ride that with him 5 times.  WOW!
Then they went to the swings and carousel.  Nana got to sit down and ride with Colton on the carousel while Dan stood by Katie while she rode the bear.
Finally, when we were walking around trying to figure out what we wanted to eat for lunch, we ran into the flower ladies.  How cool are they?  Can you find her face?
We also rode the train.  That was about my favorite part.  They had the show that they always put on which I enjoy of the criminals robbing the train.  Angel gave Colton and Katie money to give to the robbers, and the man gave them each HIGH FIVES.  How cute.

Colton's favorite ride of all was what he called the "shoot the guns wide"...........which is code name for the Shooting Miner's ride.  We rode that a couple of times, then on our way out, we had to stop by and ride it again.  Colton couldn't leave without riding it just one more time.
 I had to have a funnel cake before we left..........one of my favorite parts of going to Silver Dollar City and one of my traditions while there.  You have to enjoy a funnel cake.  YUMMY!
Then before we could even leave the park area, this is what happened to Colton.............he fell fast asleep.  He played hard today and had a wonderful time with his friends, Katie and Ryan.  This is actually how mom and I felt too after the day was over and we were leaving, but only one of us was able to actually nap...........and as you can tell, it wasn't me or mom.
We all had a great time, I hope we can do that again sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment