Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Rainwater

I'm not a big book reading fanatic by any means.  Truth be known, I don't like reading books at all, I really never have.  However, my best friend is a devoted reader and is always ready to find the next good book.

She actually introduced me to this book I'm going to talk about.  I didn't even have to read it, she let me borrow it on CD.  The name of the book is Rainwater.  I listened to it while driving back and forth to work and literally fell in love with it.  It has an amazing story line based back in the 1930's of people living through a depression and drought.  It is about a strong, independent woman that runs a boarding house and also the struggles she faces while trying to raise a 10 year old son with autism.  She lives in a town in which there is racism and bullying.  However, she finds true love and in the end she finds out just how much her true love is willing to sacrifice.

I'm not going to give away anymore, this is a good book and one I recommend you read.  I cried a few times, I won't lie, so get your kleenex ready too!  I can't say this was my perfect story book ending because it wasn't, but I really don't know of any better ending that Sandra Brown could've given than what she did.  I really enjoyed this book and hope you will read it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment