Monday, July 23, 2012

Barry's Layered Dip

I wanted to share this dip that Barry introduced me to.  He said his mom used to make this when their extended family used to get together to watch football games.  He loved it so much that he started  making it ever since.  When we were first dating, he made it for me at our very first Christmas dinner together.  He was just trying to make a great impression (I'm sure of it).  I really enjoyed it, plus it's simple and I really like simple!  I finally started making to for him during the Superbowl each year.  I figured why not share it with you all too?  Hope you enjoy it.

Barry's Layered Dip

1 can of Fritos bean dip
1 (8 oz) block of cream cheese
1 (12-15 oz) bottle of thick and chunky mild Pace picante
1 can of black olives
1 (8 oz) bag of shredded cheese, your choice

Mix the bean dip and cream cheese very well and layer it on the bottom of a 9 inch round glass dish.  Next, chop the black olives into small pieces and layer those on top of the bean mixture.  Evenly distribute the mild picante for the next layer.  Last, evenly spread the shredded cheese on top.  Place plastic wrap over the dish and place it in the fridge for at least 2 hours to chill.  Serve with chips and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment