Monday, July 9, 2012

Pineapple Orange Cake

I was really craving something sweet today.  I needed to stay on track with my dieting, but decided I wanted to appease my sweet tooth.  Mom bought a new cookbook earlier this year and I was looking through it last weekend.  I found several great sounding recipes in it and this low calorie dessert was one that I really wanted to try.  It was very tasty.  Mom and I give it two thumbs up!  Hope you enjoy it too!


Pineapple Orange Cake
recipe from taste of home


1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
4 egg whites
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce

TOPPING:
1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant cheesecake pudding mix
1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping

In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, oranges, egg whites and applesauce on low speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.  Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.  In a bowl, combine the pineapple and pudding mix. Fold in whipped topping just until blended. Spread over cake. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 15 servings.

Nutritional Facts 1 piece equals 231 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 310 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment