Monday, July 16, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken with Beans and Cream Cheese

I was craving something made with chicken today, so I got out my recipe book and started searching.  I found this recipe I had been wanting to try and decided today was the day to do just that.  It was pretty good.  This is where I found the recipe.  However, I adjusted and changed some of the ingredients to be a little bit more to my liking.

Crock Pot Chicken W/ Beans and Cream Cheese
adapted from www.food.com

4 boneless chicken breasts (frozen)
1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
1-2 cups Pace Picante 
1 package taco seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
salt, to taste

Take 4-5 frozen, yes, frozen, boneless chicken breasts put into crock pot.  Add 1 can of pinto beans(drained), 1 jar of Pace picante and 1 can of corn(drained).  Keep in crock pot on high for about 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked.  Add 1 package of cream cheese (just throw it on top) and let sit for about 1/2 hour.   Mix everything, serve and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment