Sunday, May 20, 2012

Saturday at Silver Dollar City

The first thing Colton wanted to do when we arrived at Silver Dollar City was ride Tom Huck's River Blast.  He wanted to ride a water ride.  If anyone knows anything about this ride, count yourself lucky.............you were one step ahead of me.  All I knew about this ride before getting on it was that you could shoot water guns on it.  Little did I know that you would get COMPLETELY soaked.  Not only do you shoot the water guns, people that are not riding are on the outside shooting water guns directly at you.  So I rode it with my little man and we were both totally drenched after getting off this one, but Colton was ready to ride it again.  I said, "NO WAY!"

I needed to get some sun, so I could dry off.  Goodness!  Next we went to watch the Saloon show called Choctaw Charlie's Frontier Follies.  It was good, Colton loved it.  He clapped his hands along with the music and after the show, he asked to go see those dancing girls again.  HILARIOUS!
Next, we went to ride the Flooded Mine that Colton loved so much last time.  I call it the Shooting Miner's Ride, because that's what you do is shoot arcade looking guns on the entire ride.  Colton loves this one.

We then decided to have some lunch.  This time we tried the Sausage Skillet Medley.  It is kielbasa(Polish sausage) with red potatoes, corn, green and red peppers and onions.  It was yummy, but it was too much for both of us to finish.  We should've just got one to share.  We didn't find that out though until it was too late.

Colton decided he was still hungry and wanted some Dippin Dots strawberry ice cream.  He really enjoyed that.......so much that he didn't hardly want to share!

After that, we headed to the kiddie rides.  He rode the Elephant March with Nana, the Grand Exposition Coaster with me, the Royal Tea Party with me(yes, I know.......he actually got me on that with him this time), the Mighty Galleon with me.  Next, we headed off to the little kiddie rides where he could ride by himself until his little heart was content.  He loved riding the Happy Frogs the best.  He rode those over and over.

Finally it was time to leave.  We headed out and decided to stop and listen to the Sons of the Silver Dollar show.  It was really good, we all enjoyed it while we sat down and drank our slushies, then we left to come home...........we were all ready for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment