Sunday, May 13, 2012

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you mothers out there!

I invited a few ladies from church over for lunch to celebrate Mother's Day at my house.  I thought it would be nice to prepare them lunch since they either didn't have any children of their own or they didn't have any other plans.  It was nothing fancy, just taco salad, refried beans and a butterscotch chocolate pie that my mom had made.  It was yummy and everyone enjoyed themselves.  To me that is all that truly mattered.  It doesn't have to be anything fancy to let people know you love them.  There is nothing better than getting together with people you love and respect to let them know how you feel about them.

I want to take this time to let my mom know how much she means to me.  She is my BEST friend.  I honestly don't know what I would do without her.  She's always there when I need her.  She's a shoulder to cry on, she's a listening ear, she's someone that lets me know everything will be all right.  Whether we are laughing or crying, she's right by my side.  I just want her to know how truly blessed I am to have her in my life.  I couldn't have picked a better mom.  I LOVE YOU MOM!

My philosophy is don't leave anything unsaid.  My grandpa used to say, "If you are going to give me roses, bring them to me while I'm alive, don't wait till I'm dead and gone."  I love that saying, it made an impression on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment