Monday, August 13, 2012

Mom's Cheese Roll

Making all these cheese balls made me think of a cheese roll my mom used to make when I was younger that I absolutely loved.  We used to get it around special occasions, church get-togethers or Holidays.  This is one of my all time favorite appetizers.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I always have.

Mom's Cheese Roll

2 lb Velveeta cheese
2 (8 oz.) cream cheese packages
1 C chopped walnuts
2 tsp garlic powder
Pinch of salt
Chili powder

Place Velveeta and cream cheese in large bowl.  They both need to sit out and come to room temperature so they will mix together easily.  Once they are at room temperature, mix them well.  Now add walnuts, garlic powder and salt and mix those well.

Next, place the mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap.  Form the mixture into a long cylinder roll.  Roll it in chili powder.  Wrap in foil and chill until firm.  Serve with crackers and bologna.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment