Sunday, August 12, 2012

Blue Cheese Ball

I have been craving blue cheese lately.  I was looking for recipes containing blue cheese on the internet and found this cheese ball.  It sounded so tempting, I just had to try it.  I found this blue cheese ball recipe here, but I only made half the recipe, because it sounded like a lot.  I thought it turned out really good.  I only have about 1/2 cup left over for tomorrow if that tells you anything.  Hope you enjoy!

Blue Cheese Ball
from www.allrecipes.com

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup minced onion
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup chopped walnuts

In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, blue cheese, Cheddar cheese, onion and Worcestershire sauce.  Transfer to a separate bowl that has been lined with plastic wrap.  Cover and refrigerate overnight.  The next day, gather the cream cheese mixture into a ball.  Spread the walnuts out on a dinner plate.  Roll the cheese ball in nuts until coated.  Refrigerate or serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment