Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Obsession With The Crock Pot

I can’t stand it any longer, I just have to share.  Lately I have been loving to cook different recipes in the crock pot.  I ABSOLUTELY love it!  I mean ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY LOVE IT!!!!  It’s easy, it’s not a hassle, it makes roasts super tender and the food just tastes great.  What isn’t to love about the crock pot?  I mean come on, right? 

Well now I just have to share another recipe I made over the weekend.  I found it on this website a while back when I was searching for Barbecue Chicken recipes.  For some reason, I never have good luck making any type of baked chicken in the oven, the chicken always turns out dry and I hate dry chicken!  I know I overcook it every time, but I don't want to eat undercooked chicken, so I always seem to go overboard when cooking it.  I just want to make sure the chicken is well done.  However, this is an easy chicken recipe I found that you can make in the crock pot and it turns out moist and cooked every time.  I believe it is a CROCK POT MUST KNOW RECIPE!!!!  So hold on tight, this will blow you away………it’s that good, in my opinion anyways. 


Zesty Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken
source from allrecipes.com

6 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (12oz) bottle barbeque sauce
1/2 cup Italian dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

Place chicken in the crock pot.  Mix all other ingredients together in a bowl, then pour it over the chicken. Cook on high 3-4 hours or on Low 6-8 hours.  Remove the chicken from the crock pot and place on a large plate, take two forks and shred the chicken before making your sandwiches.  We just eat them on hamburger buns, but you can eat them on any type of bread you like most.  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment