Sunday, February 5, 2012

Church Pot Luck Dinner

Today was an awesome church service, I really received a blessing that I needed.  God is so good to us.

I love it when we have our church pot luck dinners after the morning service.  I look forward to the fellowship and the food every time, oh my yes........the food, it's wonderful!  I know I'm partial, but I believe we have some of the best cooks in the entire Midwest, possible the entire United States.

One of the ladies in our church, Hazel, makes the best enchilada pie I have ever tasted.  I get so excited when she brings it, I could literally eat the entire 9x13 dish by myself with no regrets.  Since I love this dish so much, I decided today why not just share this recipe with everyone?  So, hold on to your seats, here it is.  Viola!

Hazel's Enchilada Pie

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 large onion

Brown together ground beef and onion, then drain off any excess grease.

Mix the following and then add to the meat mixture:
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of mushroom soup
1 large can of mild red enchilada sauce
1/2 C milk
1 small can chopped chiles (leave out about 1 Tbsp unless you like it really hot then add the entire can)

Mix:
1-8 oz bag of shredded Cheddar cheese and
1-8 oz bag of Monterey Jack cheese

1 pkg soft corn tortilla shells

Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.  Line it with 6 corn tortilla shells.  Top with 1/2 of the meat mixture, top with 1/2 cheese mixture.  Add 6 more corn tortilla shells and top with the remaining meat mixture, then top with the remaining cheese mixture.  Spray the cooking spray on top of the cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.  Let it set and cool for about 15 minutes.  Now cut it into squares and serve.

Delicious folks!  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do on our pot luck Sunday dinners after church.  As my minister always teases us about having pot luck dinners...........you'll be lucky if you can get in the pot to have a taste.  Once you fix this for your family, you'll be lucky enough if there is any leftover for you to eat.  Good luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment